What is the International Council of Bottled Water Associations (ICBWA)?
The International Council of Bottled Water Associations (ICBWA) is the leading authority for the global bottled water industry.
- Representing the interests of the bottled water industry before international organizations and relevant stakeholders;
- Supporting rigorous product quality standards;
- Ensuring the efficient sharing of information among its members and support their actions, when appropriate.
Who are the members of ICBWA?
The members of the ICBWA are bottled water trade associations in various geographical regions and countries around the world.
What are the key services and benefits provided by ICBWA?
ICBWA membership provides the following services and benefits to its member associations:
- International representation for the bottled water industry with organizations such as Codex Alimentarius, the World Health Organization (WHO), and other international regulatory agencies. ICBWA presents a unified position to effectively address proposed standards that could impact the global bottled water industry.
- Networking and exchange of scientific research, technical studies, regulatory updates, environmental initiatives, position papers, communications materials, media information, resource management, packaging, and recycling stewardship initiatives that can be shared by ICBWA members with their own members.
- Members are kept aware of relevant trends and challenges in the bottled water industry to allow them to take appropriate and timely action.
- Through ICBWA’s support for the Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF), association members gain access to scientific research on issues such as groundwater use, HPC limits, and other matters that concern bottled water, tap water and filtered water. For more information, please visit: thefactsaboutwater.org.
- ICBWA Model Code of Practice establishes a framework for effective bottled water standards of quality and safety for member associations.
- Supplier board members coordinate and work with all member associations regarding their trade shows to avoid date conflicts; monitor global events that impact the interests of all supplier companies providing products and services to the bottled water industry.
- ICBWA website (www.icbwa.org) provides a platform to inform the global bottled water industry, and a members-only section to allow access to ICBWA materials and information.
Where can I get more information about what the ICBWA does?
Additional information on the International Council of Bottled Water Associations (ICBWA) can be obtained by:
- Contact your regional ICBWA Member Association;
- Visit the ICBWA website (icbwa.org);