CBWA and its members work with various local, provincial and federal government agencies on emergency preparedness programs to allow greater efficiency in addressing delivery of bottled water in cases of emergency relief. The bottled water industry has provided millions of litres of bottled water over the years in response to emergencies that have temporarily interrupted the delivery of safe drinking water.
• During the COVID 19 crisis across Canada, millions of bottles have been donated by CBWA members through emergency relief organizations such as the Red Cross, food banks and hospitals.
• CBWA member bottlers donated over a million bottles of water following the floods and wildfires in BC in 2017;
• Donations of bottled water were made to Trenton, Ontario and Moncton, New Brunswick flood victims in 2008;
• CBWA members donated 200,000 litres of bottled water to help many Vancouverites through the aftermath of storms in November 2006, which disrupted municipal water treatment;
• Millions of litres were donated to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2005;
• Over 1.5 million litres of bottled water was donated to the citizens of Walkerton, Ontario after their municipal wells were contaminated in 2000.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.